Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
A School for Sorcery - E. Rose Sabin Read this book ages ago and for life of me, could not remember the title until I stumbled upon it in the library a few days ago.

Tris is a witch who enrolls in a school for sorcery (like the title states) and quickly begins learning about her own abilities, despite boring ethics classes and a catty roommate.

However, two power-hungry students soon manage to summon demons from another world who steals Tris's beloved. They mock her and then propsse a challenge to her to get him back with her own power. The headmistress tells her to undergo the challenge to bring them back. This is one point that bothers me. It does not make sense that the staff could not stop these idiotic power-hungry students. I call this a plot hole deliberately created to give Tris and her friends an plot point.

The middle drags, but I can suffer through it because I love the ending. Seriously, one of the best endings I've seen in a book.

Three stars because I loved this book when I was little and it has a really memorable ending.