Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
Changeless - Gail Carriger A strange phenomena is happening in 19th century supernatural London where the supernatural seem to be mortal all of a sudden. Alexia finds herself in a journey to Scotland to get to the bottom of this mystery.
And of course she has to do this with an entourage of silly ladies, a love-sick actor, and a handsome inventor.

From my last review, I wrote that I was rereading this series because I couldn't quite recall what happened - and I realize now that it's because the plot doesn't really concern me. They aren't quite memorable in either books. These books are light-hearted fun where we get to laugh at the wit and smile about the strange dichotomy of proper etiquette in this time period. It's not really a book that makes you think too deeply, and that's why I didn't remember the plot.

It's true, there a lot of potential flaws if you think more deeply - double standards for gossipy women, juggling different types of sub-genres, being witty to the point of petty meanness, etc.

But in the end, this book isn't meant to be read seriously, I think. It's just fun.

So in this second book, a whodunit or whatdunit sort of mystery, I'm not particularly thrilled by the resolved ending. I just enjoy the world and the characters because it's fun. But hey, sometimes that's enough for a book.

Three stars because I do like the book. But after the first one, it's not exactly a stand out book.
Recommended for those who like the first book.