Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
The Silver Ship and the Sea - Brenda Cooper Fremont is a colonized planet, a dangerous planet that always hides predators behind its wildness. Chelo is one of the six altered humans left on this planet - but none of her community of first colonists trust her at all.

I didn't like this book because it didn't feel real. It was just too hard to immerse myself into this world, into this plot, into the characters. None of the dialogue rang true to me. The interactions felt fake and I didn't believe the colonists's hatred towards these six children. I think a lot of the problem was that the whole book was written in Chelo's perspective as first person, but we still somehow were able to know what other people felt and thought. And I just don't trust the narrator to tell me what other people are thinking. It all felt forced.

The world-building... it was a good attempt. But the world didn't really interest me. It wasn't radically different, it wasn't that dangerous to be honest (despite what the book summary promised).

Randomly picked up this book at the library because the summary looked interesting, but honestly, I just didn't care about anything in this book.

One star because I didn't want to read it, even after powering through more than 80 pages and skimming through the rest of the book.
Not recommended for anyone.