Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
Sapphique - Catherine Fisher This was a lot less satisfying to read than the first book, Incarceron. No longer was there a brand new world to discover and new characters to get to know.
Instead, we fall deep into confusion with a thinner plot line this time around.

There was almost nothing holding the plot together - it was one problem after another thrown at you. Of course the main goals were to get Keiro out and also to be crowned King. But those were lost in the mass of new information, subterfuge, and a strange scifi scenario where reality and faux-reality exists.

I guess I like getting to know Keiro and Attia more - and they have quite the character. But you never really get to know the characters that well just because of that third person limited POV. It's rather frustrating that all we see are action and dialogue and less of what these characters think.

The ending was... good. It wasn't bad, and that is miles above most scifi books. It was expected, but not bad at all.

Two and a half stars rounded down because it was a good continuation of the first book, but not good enough for me to really like it. Recommended for those who read her first book, obviously.