Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon This has been sitting in my to-read list for a while after numerous recommendations and comments about its uniqueness.

The story follows Christopher Boone, a (potentially autistic or someone with Asperger's) boy who discovers a dead dog and then decides to solve the mystery of the dog-killer.

I found it interesting and gripping enough for me to finish the book fairly quickly. The plot moves well, the transitions from introduction to middle of plot to the end are smooth, the characters ring true to me (I have no background in Asperger's or autism).

I don't actually have that much to say about this book because I don't think I'm left with any strong emotion. I didn't fall in love with any of the characters, the plot is engaging -but revelation about Christopher is more important in the book-, and it was just... interesting almost in an informational way rather than a personal and emotional way.
Also reading reviews on the accuracy of the story's portrayal of Asperger's, I concluded that the book is fairly inaccurate. That detracts a lot of brownie points from me because this understanding I have of Asperger's from this story is now moot.

Two and half stars round up to three stars because I liked it and I believe it was worth reading, but it wasn't that amazing or helpful in expanding my understanding of Asperger's. Recommended for people interested in a different style of writing with a decent plot.