Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
Everwild - Neal Shusterman The story continues and the plot thickens. Allie develops her skills as a skinjacker, Nick and Mary amass armies and develop their legend as Chocolate Ogre and Sky Witch respectively, new characters are introduced, a few new ideas of the world are revealed.
But mostly this book took the time to develop the relationships between the main players and set the scene for the big showdown in the third book.

The one thing I disliked about this book is the relationship between Milo and Mary. Not believable. I find it hard to believe he falls in love with her that easily.
Besides that, there were simply too many "love" moments that reeked of plot movements rather than being true to the characters. Or maybe I am just skeptical of teen romance.

In conclusion, it wasn't a bad book - just a necessary one to reach the concluding book.

Two and a half stars, maybe. Maybe just two. Not really sure. Rated because I liked the book, but it wasn't amazing. Recommended for people who liked the first book and want to finish the trilogy.