Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
Everlost - Neal Shusterman Allie and Nick die in a car crash and wake up 9 months later to find that they have become Afterlights in the Everlost, a world of old memories and dead things.

While Allie and Nick are lovable, the story is mainly driven by the plot. We don't learn too much about their personality through dialogue. Rather, the world and the ever-moving plot takes precedence.

I liked the direction the story took and the speed at which the world developed.

It had a little romance, but not really - and I appreciated that. Allie is a girl that gets by on wits and bull-headed will. Nick ends up finding himself a little more in the story too. There really isn't that much character change in the book, which is ultimately why I call this a plot book instead of a character book.

3 stars because I liked it. Recommended for people who like YA fiction and moving plot.