Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
Bayou Moon - Ilona Andrews William Wolf dives deep into the Mire to hunt down an old enemy Spider. Along the way, he meets Cerise, head of the Mar family nicknamed the Rats because of the way they're dirty, poor, and they breed like crazy. Thrown together in a rush of action against an old family feud and Spider, who's looking for a powerful weapon, they manage to spark off a romance.

Okay, so I gave a pretty rave review on the first book On the Edge because it was done right: the stick to her guns protagonist, the underlying romance, the progression of the story, the reveal of the world. I like that. In contrast, it seemed like this book just took On the Edge and replaced the characters' name.

I was bored out of my mind reading this. It was fairly unbelievable and cliche. The action felt more like an excuse to throw the two characters together, which pisses me off because a book should be about a plot that matters. There was no struggle, it seemed.

Bayou Moon is like a bad ripoff of the first book. A formulaic book that probably shouldn't have been written. I wanted more of the world, more of the magic. Instead I got two characters that I know will eventually fall into bed with each other. Yay.

One star because I just didn't like that book. You might if you're just looking for some "hott" romance with a touch of action.