Lark

Pitter Patter of Little Thoughts

If I had an addiction, it would probably be books. All kinds of books. There is almost nothing better than curling up with fuzzy pillows, warm blankets, a mug of hot chocolate, and of course a book to fall into. Trying to get a full account of all the books I've read in the past - and also trying to be more diligent about documenting the books I read nowadays (and reviewing them). Thus, all current books I read will be reviewed, and all books I've realized I read in the past will not be reviewed unless I read them again. Also trying to expand my palate in books and genres. There's nothing I love better than a recommended new book in a different genre that surpasses my expectations. Feel free to leave a recommendation ^^

A Tale of Two Cities
Charles Dickens, Stephen Koch
Hourglass - Myra McEntire While the premise has great potential, the characters are 2D and fairly generic teen romance ideals.

Handsome male leads fall over themselves for her. She has no true flaws: she can beat up a grown man, she has sass and spunk, and she's unique and special in a way that can never be earned.

Her decisions have little depth, no real dilemma, plot twists are not very moving or convincing.

Found myself skimming all the romance sections after the initial explanation of the magic system (which actually had potential), but that quickly turned into skimming pretty much the entire story. Read if you like sappy teenage romance novels with little plot.